Deck Inspection | Albert Lea, MN – (507) 721-0122
More than two million decks are constructed and replaced every year in the USA. InterNACHI estimates that of the 45 million existing decks, only 40% are risk-free.
Here are some fascinating specifics about deck failure:
1. More decks collapse in the summer than during the rest of the year combined.
2. Almost each and every deck collapse transpired underneath a heavy load or snow load.
3. There is no correlation amongst deck failure and whether the deck was built with or with a permit.
4. There is no correlation between deck failure and whether or not the deck was built by a property owner or a professional contractor.
5. There is a slight correlation in between deck failure and the age of the deck.
6. About 90% of deck collapses occurred as a result of the separation of the home and the deck ledger board. It is really unusual for deck flooring joists to break mid-span.
7. Numerous injuries are the result of rail failure, rather than full deck collapse.
8. Deck stairs are infamous for lacking graspable handrails.
9. A lot of do-it-your self homeowners, and even contractors, do not think that rail infill spacing codes apply to decks.